Located 20 miles from DC in Fairfax, VA, Inova Fair Oaks is a 182-bed acute care community hospital that has received numerous awards,distinctions, and accolades.
- Truven Health Analytics named IFOH among the nation’s “100 Top Hospitals” in its annual comprehensive study. This is the fourth year Truven has recognized IFOH.
- “A” for Patient Safety – Leapfrog has awarded IFOH an “A” grade for patient safety in their spring Hospital Safety Grade report card. We’ve had straights A’s since the report first debuted.
- "Patient Safety Excellence Award Hospital" by HealthGrades but also "Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence"
- In Sept 2017, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) reevaluated the country and ranked Virginia as the 9th best healthcare in the country.
- In 2015, Fair Oaks received an A patient safety rating from The Leapfrog Group; only 31% of hospitals received an A grade nationwide
- Fair Oaks consistently scores in the 95th percentile for physician satisfaction
The entire team at Fair Oaks share s a commitment to innovative, patient-centered care. When VEMA physicians created the Simulation Lab at Fair Oaks in 2011, it was the first of its kind in Northern Virginia. The Simulation Lab offers the entire ER team including physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, techs, and hospital staff the opportunity to train with adult and baby mannequins. By practicing critical skills in a calm, controlled environment, team members become more efficient and confident in an emergency situation. In the near future, VEMA physicians plan to acquire a neonatal mannequin, so that they'll be even better prepared to treat the youngest patients.
about the Fair Oaks Simulation Lab.